|
Saturday, February 11, 2006 little rapper Finally, last thursday, Emily & I got to go for the volunteer thing at Gardenview!! so exciting!! I am so glad I made it.. U shud hv seen me, running back from my interview (in heels), changed, ran back out again, coughing & catching my breath! haha.. But it was so worth it..For those of u who dun know what i'm talking about, I signed up to volunteer with SFL (Students for Literacy) where we basically go to this place to teach kids how to read, play games with them & stuff. Emily & I went with the 'dunno what to expect' feeling.. But it turned out GREAT! Initially, only one kid was there, but soon more of them came in.. Little shy at first, but they were so enthusiastic!! Pleasant surprise.. U shud have seen them do the 'mingle' game! Even name guessing was so much fun cos they made it so.. Cos it was our first time there, we had a 'brainstorming session' to come up with ideas for the next few weeks.. HAha, u shud have seen them go "ME ME ME" wanting to give their suggestions!! Love em all!! little cuties.. Haha, anyways, after all that, we had our little reading/homework session. Each volunteer paired up with a kid to do some 'reading' with them. I caught Demitri... haha, super restless kid, but the sweetest one ever. Had a hard time getting him to settle down to read initially, wanted food, wanted water & insisted I read to him instead of him reading it. But once i started he jumped in to read them all.. I must say he reads really well for a 8 years old! Guess what he did for me in the end? Beatbox and rapped! And it was a duet with another kid, Chad too.. haha! they weren't lying when they say they could rap! can't wait for them to breakdance for me =) can't wait till next thursday! brings back memories of my 'touchkids' days. Post a Comment |
what's new? in ChicagoJan 17 - Skiing Jan 19 - MLK holiday Jan 26 - CNY (no hols) Feb 16 - President's Day Jun 6 - CFA exam Horizon Retreat
Photo Links Chi TownCondo @ Chicago Convocation Home Sweet Home 08 Belgium Amsterdam Paris Krabi Trip Boston Trip webby links Bible Gateway leave a msg leh.. the past September 2004 Philippians 2v3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."music ![]() casting crowns - who am i yiruma - river flows in you blessed be your name blog links Ai Lee Photos |