|
Monday, April 21, 2008 caught in between Not on the buy side, not on the sell side, we do independent researchWe interview the companies, and we get interviewed by news ppl Caught in between words and numbers, numbers and words That's how i would describe my job at the moment I can't believe I've started working for a month already! Days past by just like that~ I get so caught up reading stuff, doing valuations, writing reports that before I know it, lunch time comes n goes, and den before i know it, it's time to go home!! Some days i feel like a phd student (thx to ann's stories) .. in a sense where u just do research aimlessly for days without results. And suddenly one day, u get an epiphany and write non-stop! haha.. maybe not so kua-zhang la, mine is on a way smaller scale :P I really like how my job is well-rounded and there's so much to learn. Not only do I have to crunch numbers, I need to know how to write well. Need to learn to write concisely but yet with style = =" I feel like a journalist suddenly =P Choice of words that would put my msg across in a way that is easily understood. Besides that, I have to learn how to deal with 'ppl'. And to be honest, I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to calling ppl and talking to 'big shots'.. But I have to learn, and one day, I'll be good at it! one day.. Ohya, i'm going to write a disclaimer here cos i'm quite scared that any job-related stuff i write here would be used against me... =P So here goes... Anything written on this blog COULD be fictional and not true, especially with regards to the stocks i cover at work (which i did not and will not mention anyway) If u really interested, go read my 'published reports' la.. hahaa, which to date nothing has been published yet... work in progress... hehe.. Post a Comment |
what's new? in ChicagoJan 17 - Skiing Jan 19 - MLK holiday Jan 26 - CNY (no hols) Feb 16 - President's Day Jun 6 - CFA exam Horizon Retreat
Photo Links Chi TownCondo @ Chicago Convocation Home Sweet Home 08 Belgium Amsterdam Paris Krabi Trip Boston Trip webby links Bible Gateway leave a msg leh.. the past September 2004 Philippians 2v3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."music ![]() casting crowns - who am i yiruma - river flows in you blessed be your name blog links Ai Lee Photos |