|
Sunday, September 06, 2009 undeserving love When i opened up pandora (an online radio station), this song played. i paused, i listened, and it is exactly how i feel at this moment. & it reminded me once again of how God knows about every single detail of my life, anytime anywhere.I shall be honest. Life has not been easy the past few months. I've been working 12 hr days, early mornings, late nights and even weekends. Meeting one deadline after another, life became a blur. While physical tiredness was getting to me, I didn't realize it was more draining on my spiritual life. With the hectic schedule, speaking to God, praying and reading the bible became a rare occurrence. I neglected God. And everything just went downhill from there. It's like my life was in a desert. I felt lonely. So, when i took a break for a trip to Toronto, I really felt like I need to get out of my current situation. I thought maybe if i moved back to TO, everything would be better. More friends, better working environment etc. But somehow, I felt like God was saying no (at least for now). At the lowest lowest point the past past Friday, God provided me with the support I needed badly. And that was not it! During the past week, i've had quite a few sharing sessions with my roomie (altho, i shud technically call her my landlady/housemate).. I know i've said this umpteen times, but God is so good, He always blesses me with the BEST roomates :) anyways, it's good to be able to have someone to talk to at home.. just sharing your life, your day.. & what more, one that reminds u and encourages u with the word of God. And den this weekend, which is labor day weekend, i kinda felt left out, cos everyone went out of town. haha.. even things like that, God knows.. hehe.. so the whole weekend, God provided me with a whole bunch of new friends i could hang out with. we had brunch, played ping pong, played bridge (i finally found ppl who can play bridge!!!) .. And most most imptly, i finally had some quality quiet time with God.. borrowed my roomate's keyboard... worshiped, prayed and listened. :) Oh, and today's sermon was another one of those that spoke directly to my heart. 2 Corinthians 12v9 says "I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." which reminded me that.. God shines through our weakness.. :) phew! new small group is starting up a week from now.. for some reason, i feel kinda excited! hehe.. it's like opening a new chapter in my life.. stay tuned! Post a Comment |
what's new? in ChicagoJan 17 - Skiing Jan 19 - MLK holiday Jan 26 - CNY (no hols) Feb 16 - President's Day Jun 6 - CFA exam Horizon Retreat
Photo Links Chi TownCondo @ Chicago Convocation Home Sweet Home 08 Belgium Amsterdam Paris Krabi Trip Boston Trip webby links Bible Gateway leave a msg leh.. the past September 2004 Philippians 2v3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."music ![]() casting crowns - who am i yiruma - river flows in you blessed be your name blog links Ai Lee Photos |