So, it's the new year again... in fact, it's a new decade altogether! for some reason, this year, many ppl asked me what my new year's resolution is.. i've answered some, brushed off some :P... truth is, most of my resolutions this year are just continuing unfinished resolutions from previous years!
But i guess one of my major "themes" for the year is to be "intentional" about my relationship with God. one big thing i realize from last year is that time just goes by.. day by day, week by week, month by month.. i've become more of a reactional being instead of a person of action. I kinda wanna be like what this one guy shared at church – that is to live your life like a thermostat (to control the temperature), instead of a thermometer (affected by his surrounding). Kinda cool illustration I think.
Along the same lines, today’s sermon was about how impt it is to “withdraw” ourselves from the hustle n bustle of life to pray and spend time with God. (Luke 22v41; Psalm 46v10) … something I have to do more – quiet time!
Haha, and just to share some little things that happen to me right at the start of new year’s. So, most of you know, I headed back to M’sia and S’pore for the holidays. And during my second last day inSingapore, I was suddenly hit by this pounding headache in the afternoon. I guessed that it was the heat, or maybe just the lack of rest since I’ve been going out so much. But during my last day in S’pore, things got worst, and I had a very bad diarrhea. I literally had to run to the bathroom every 20 mins. And guess what? I’ve organized this huge meet-up with all my JC classmates that night, and if I don’t show up, it’ll be really really bad. I debated for a long long time if I should still go… In the end, kor prayed for me and I’ve decided to go. Just when I stepped out of the house, my stomach started to churn again. Sure enough, I had to run back to the bathroom. At this point, I felt like just giving up. But there was this voice in my head really urging me to go. So, I stepped out of the house again. This time, I told myself, I have to claim the healing prayer, and have faith! Step by step, each time my stomach churned, I laid hands on it and say, in Jesus name, leave! Guess what? I didn’t have to go to the bathroom a single time that night… Isn’t God amazing? Oh, and my headache totally disappeared before my flight toChicago. Praise God I came back healthy and ready to fight the bitter winter cold… FYI, the temperature is about -20C to -10C nowadays. And it has been snowing non-stop.. I think we have almost 10 inches of snow now.. hahaa..
Anyways, back to my topic of New Year’s resolution. I’d like to make every step of my day to be an intentional act for God. Because without Him, my life is meaningless. And it will just be like chasing after the wind….
Haha, oh, and totally unrelated to this… This year started off with a burst of good news! My good friend Laura is engaged! ! hehe.. and Ashley is expecting her first baby!! This year seems like the year of many weddings and babies.. haha.. congrats!!! So happy for you guys.. haha, and just to sum up my holiday back home.. it was really nice and relaxing.. away from work was a huge plus! and of course spending time with family and friends were priceless moments to me.. :) i'm glad i went home..